Cupid And Psyche
Cupid and psyche, after Canova, 1808.
This fantastic carved carara marble life size group were commissioned and bought in Florence in 1953, and have stood ever since in the orangery of a Buckinghamshire house.
The original by Canova was in the Collection of Empress Josephine, Malmaison, 1815, but now stands in the Hermitage in ST. Petersberg.
The sculpture is in pristine condition throughout, and is currently being cleaned by ourselves.
Sculptures of this quality rarely become available.
160 cm tall