The Chatsworth Lions, as book ends.
The Lions were originally made by the sculptor Antonio Canova for the Rezzonico monument in
They were then commissioned by the 6th Duke of Devonshire in 1823, for Chatsworth House,
The sleeping Lion was made by Rinaldo Rinaldi and the Crouching Lion was made by Francesco Benaglia, each weighing 3.5 tonnes each of Carara marble.
Sculptured Arts studio are the official supplier of sculpture to Chatsworth House.
15 cm tall.
The bases are 9.5 x 12.5 cm