The Medici & Vacca lions, Italian c1801, in Basalt black.
The first of the marble lions dates back to the 2ndcentury BC and was owned by the powerful Medici family, Italy.
The Lion guarded the steps to the Villa Medici in
The second lion was made by Flamingo Vacca in 1590. The pair were then moved to their present location at Loggia Dei Lanzi,
Size. 22 cm tall.
Base size. 35 long, 13.5 cm wide