The Medici & Vacca lions Pair Free Standing
The Medici & Vacca lions, in marble, Italian, 1801.
An exact miniaturised version of the original marble sculptures, by Sculptured Arts Studio, free standing without base.
The first of the marble lions dates back to the 2nd century BC and was owned by the powerful Medici family, Italy.
The Lion guarded the steps to the Villa Medici in
The second lion was made by Flamingo Vacca in 1590. The pair were then moved to their present location at Loggia Dei Lanzi,
Hand made in Staffordshire, England.
22 cm tall.